Expert Chef Erin Dow joins Maine channels WCSH6/WLBZ2 to share her simple recipe for Greek yogurt-based dressing.
Blue cheese dip from a bottle is bad news as far as salt and saturated fat are concerned. That doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it from time to time: using a base of plain, non-fat Greek yogurt makes a world of difference to the nutritional impact.
Pro tip: Refrigerating the dressing for at least an hour is absolutely essential to give the flavors time to meld.
Servings: 10 (58 G)
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- Stir all ingredients together, cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to meld.