Stop what you’re doing and Pin this recipe. Print it out. Grab your recipe cards and jot it down. Bookmark the link. However you save go-to recipes, make sure this one makes the list. It’s easy. It’s delicious. It’s healthy. And it’s versatile. While you can eat this salad straight up, as is, it also lends itself to a wide variety of serving options, such as:
- Full entree salad: Just serve as is over a plate of fresh greens and a few slices of avocado.
- Hot entree: Serve over brown rice or braised greens, with extra hot sauce on the side.
- Make it a taco: Warm and serve in a corn tortilla with a dollop of Chipotle Crema (1 T. chipotle chopped into 1 c. plain Greek yogurt).
- Make it a dip: Serve up at a party with tortilla chips for scooping it up.
Whatever floats your boat, this refreshing summer recipe is worth keeping on hand.
This salad will please all your senses, and leftovers are just as good as the fresh meal! Serve it as an entree over a mound of fresh summer greens or as a salsa with whole grain tortilla chips. Sliced avocado makes a tasty topping, rich with healthy fats. Serve with extra hot sauce on the side to please those guests who like a little kick with their bean salads.
Servings: 8 (210 G)
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- ¾ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn, drained
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and diced
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- Toss all ingredients together thoroughly. Refrigerate to let flavor combine (15 minutes to 24 hours).