Recorded Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:00 pm ET. The credit for this webinar has expired. Please consider our most recent webinar to earn a valid CPE credit.
Let’s get cooking! Studies show that eating in is one of the most powerful ways to improve your family’s nutrition. Watch the video of our Healthier Home Cooking webinar to discover great tips that will make home cooking faster, easier and more nutritious. You’ll learn how changes in home-cooking in modern history have impacted our health and leave equipped with tools to turn that knowledge into healthy, delicious meals.
In this free, one-hour webinar you will learn to:
- Discuss historical and modern trends in home cooking.
- Understand the challenges of embracing healthier home cooking, including the impact of cultural differences on preparing home cooked meals.
- Share educational tools with patients, clients, colleagues, students and others that enable them to embrace more home cooking.
- Demonstrate quick tips that make home cooking easier to balance with a busy schedule.
Expert Chef Recipes
Budget Friendly Recipes
- USDA Recipe Finder
- State Extension Services( ex. extension.iastate.edu/foodsavings/ )
- Cook more often at home with ChooseMyPlate.gov
- Lu J, Huet C, Dubé L (2011). Emotional reinforcement as a protective factor for healthy eating in home settings. Am J Clin Nutr, 94(1), 254-61
- Share Our Strength’s Cooking Matters program
- Cultural and Ethnic Food/Nutrition Education Materials: Nov. 2013 (PDF)
- USDA “Changes in Eating Patterns and Diet Quality” 2014 report
- Let’s Move