If you’re looking for a healthy pizza option that makes eating veggies both fun and delicious, then bookmark this recipe now. Easy enough to make on a weeknight and healthy enough to indulge in often, this will become a new go-to for pizza night, whether you have kids or not.
- 5 baby purple potatoes, diced
- 1 lb. whole-wheat pizza dough
- 4 Tbsp. pesto
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow summer squash, diced
- ½ orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Arrange potatoes on a baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Roll the pizza crust out on a flat surface. Evenly spoon the pesto over the crust.
- Arrange the vegetables in the order of the colors of a rainbow.
- Place back in the oven and bake 20 minutes.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5.5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 45g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 38g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 18.1mcg||2%|
|Vitamin C 45.2mg||50%|
|Vitamin E 1.2mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 20.4mcg||15%|
|Vitamin B6 0.5mg||30%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (water, All Purpose White Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Olive Oil, Yeast, Salt, Sugar), Potatoes, Tomatoes, Squash, Pesto (canola Oil, Fresh Basil, Parmesan & Romano Cheese (pasteurized Cow's Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt And Enzymes), Garlic, Walnuts, Olive Oil, Salt, Pine Nuts), Green Bell Pepper, Orange Bell Pepper.
You probably know that Guiding Stars is all about healthy, nutritious food. Follow the Guiding Stars signage throughout the store. Choosing mostly items that earn stars. You'll automatically and easily end up with a cart full of nutritious food. You might be wondering exactly what we mean by “nutritious,” though, so here’s a little background on Guiding Stars defines the word.