If you’re looking for a healthy pizza option that makes eating veggies both fun and delicious, then bookmark this recipe now. Easy enough to make on a weeknight and healthy enough to indulge in often, this will become a new go-to for pizza night, whether you have kids or not.
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- 5 baby purple potatoes, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow summer squash, diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Arrange potatoes on a baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes.
3. Roll the pizza crust out on a flat surface. Evenly spoon the pesto over the crust.
4. Arrange the vegetables in the order of the colors of a rainbow.
Place back in the oven and bake 20 minutes.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 45g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 14g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 28.4mcg||4%|
|Vitamin C 34.1mcg||40%|
|Vitamin E 0.2mg||0%|
|Vitamin K 5.5mcg||4%|
|Vitamin B6 0.3mg||20%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Potatoes, Pizza Dough (whole Wheat Flour (wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Potassium Bromate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Salt, Yeast), Tomatoes, Squash, Classic Basil Pesto (canola Oil, Organic Basil, Walnuts, Parmesan Cheese (pasteurized Part-skim Cow's Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt And Enzymes), Organic Extra-virgin Olive Oil, Fresh Garlic, Rice Vinegar, Salt And Black Pepper), Green Bell Pepper, Yellow Bell Pepper.
When it comes to preparing food, college dorm living can seem two steps away from camping. It only worsens when daytime dining hall options are limited to a scarcely stocked canteen or a busy schedule that requires a dorm room to be stocked with actual food. My colleagues have shared dorm room hacks and tips for turning your dorm room into a kitchen. As college students make the move to dorm rooms for another year it’s a good time to revisit these ideas and more.