Focus on Fiber: Food Science, Regulations, and Consumers
This webinar was originally broadcast on Wednesday, April 4 and the recording is now available. Focus on Fiber will be rebroadcast on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 8:00 PM ET.
This webinar is good for one CPE credit for Registered Dietitians and Dietetic Technicians, Registered. Meets learning codes 4030, 2070, and 4040.
Have you been watching the headlines around the science behind dietary fiber? Join Alli and Kit to expand your understanding of how fiber benefits our health, the many types of fiber in our food supply, and what changes to the Nutrition Facts label will mean for fiber goals and consumption.
You will learn about:
- Recent research on dietary fiber and health
- Different varieties of dietary fiber and how each impacts health and overall fiber intake
- The potential impact of changes to the Nutrition Facts label, fiber definition, and food industry impacts on fiber consumption
- Sharing this information with patients, clients, consumers, colleagues, students and others
- FDA Fiber Labeling Q&A for Food Industry
- Guidance for Industry: Evaluation of Evidence on Beneficial Physiological Effects of Fiber
- Position of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics: Health Implications of Dietary Fiber
- Feb, 2017 AND Comments to FDA re Dietary Fiber Classification
- US Fiber Health Claims (summary and links); Canadian Fiber Health Claims information
- Whole Grains Contribution Only a Small Proportion of Dietary Fiber to US Diet (Nutrients, 2017)
This form is to reserve a spot for the rebroadcast of Focus on Fiber, which will happen on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 8:00 PM ET.