Grilling avocado completely changes the flavor and texture, imparting the already creamy flesh with a smoky, velvety softness. Black bean salsa, fresh and rich with flavor, is the perfect partner to create a stunning, original entree for your next barbecue.
Grilled Avocados with Black Bean Salsa
Your guests will love these easy to prepare and smoky treats. Serve with a side of brown rice or corn tortillas for a complete meal you can enjoy.
Servings: 6 (198 g )
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 2 hours
Black Bean Salsa:
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 3 avocados, halved
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl and allow to marinate in the refrigerator until flavors are well combined (2-3 hours).
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Brush avocados with olive oil and grill and until the skins get hot and turn bright green (8-10 minutes).
- Fill each avocado half with salsa to serve.