Pasta salad is a classic light meal to enjoy in the high heat of summer as the breezes waft off the ocean to keep you cool on the scorching sand. Adding salmon and young asparagus is the perfect way to make the dish deliciously seasonal.
Adding salmon to your macaroni salad will give it a new spin that will keep your family and friends coming back for more.
Tip: Instead of buying canned salmon, use about one serving’s worth of filet leftover from another meal when you catch salmon on sale. Rainbow trout would also be wonderful.
Servings: 6 (182 g )
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 min.
- 8 oz. whole grain macaroni
- 1 cup frozen asparagus, steamed and chopped
- 1 (6 oz.) can no-salt-added salmon
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Pinch rosemary
- Pepper to taste
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Mix macaroni, asparagus, salmon, peas and carrots, mayonnaise, vinegar, and seasoning in large bowl. Chill (1-24 hours).
- Serve chilled salmon salad over shredded romaine. Garnish with tomato slices.