Pasta salad is a classic light meal to enjoy in the high heat of summer as the breezes waft off the ocean to keep you cool on the scorching sand. Adding salmon and young asparagus is the perfect way to make the dish deliciously seasonal.
Adding salmon to your macaroni salad will give it a new spin that will keep your family and friends coming back for more. Money-saving tip: Instead of buying canned salmon, use about one serving’s worth of filet leftover from another meal when you catch salmon on sale. Rainbow trout would also be wonderful.
Servings: 6 (182 G )
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 8 oz. whole grain macaroni
- 1 c. asparagus tips, steamed
- 1 (6 oz.) can no-salt-added salmon
- 1 c. peas and carrots
- 1/4 c. light mayonnaise
- 2 T. white wine vinegar
- Pinch of crushed dried rosemary
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 4 c. romaine lettuce, shredded
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Mix macaroni, asparagus, salmon, peas and carrots, mayonnaise, vinegar and seasoning in large bowl. Chill.
- Serve chilled salmon salad over shredded romaine and garnish with tomato slices.