Adding salmon to your macaroni salad will give it a new spin that will keep your family and friends coming back for more.
Tip: Instead of buying canned salmon, use about one serving’s worth of filet leftover from another meal when you catch salmon on sale. Rainbow trout would also be wonderful.
- 8 oz. whole grain macaroni
- 1 cup frozen asparagus, steamed and chopped
- 1 (6 oz.) can no-salt-added salmon
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Pinch rosemary
- Pepper to taste
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Mix macaroni, asparagus, salmon, peas and carrots, mayonnaise, vinegar, and seasoning in large bowl. Chill (1-24 hours).
- Serve chilled salmon salad over shredded romaine. Garnish with tomato slices.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5.5g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||20%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 25g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Whole Wheat Spaghetti (durum Whole Wheat Semolina, Niacin, Folic Acid, Ferrous Sulphate (iron), Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate), Romaine Lettuce, Unsalted Canned Salmon, Peas & Carrots, Asparagus, Tomatoes, Light Mayonnaise (water, Modified Corn Starch, Soybean Oil, Vinegar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Egg Whites, Salt, Sugar, Xanthan Gum, Lemon And Lime Peel Fibers, Colors Added, Lactic Acid, (sodium Benzoate), Calcium Disodium Edta), Phosphoric Acid, Natural Flavors), White Wine Vinegar.
Feeding others or providing edible holiday gifts is a long held tradition, and we’re all for it! Giving food gifts—especially homemade ones—is an act that comes from the heart and shows care and consideration. And that’s what you’re going for when you give a food gift, right? Purchased food gifts of high-quality provisions or local specialties are also welcomed by most (I myself love getting those nice boxes of citrus fruit) and the convenience factor for the giver cannot be beat.