I know, I know, I know. “Dessert Hummus” does not evoke images of sweet satisfaction, or really, of anything you might imagine normal people would voluntarily put in their mouths, let alone make. But trust me: this recipe tastes great. If you’re feeling super responsible, serve it up with apple slices for dipping. If you want to enjoy a full-on treat, spread a little on a few thin, crispy cookies.
Snack time can be satisfyingly sweet and nutritious at the same time. Fresh cut jicama sticks are the perfectly sweet and crunchy dipping veggie to pair with this dip.
Servings: 6 (90 g )
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
- ½ cup low-sodium garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond butter
- 4 dates, pitted and soaked in hot water
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate in a food processor. Blend until smooth, scraping down the processor bowl as needed.
- Stir in the chocolate. Serve with cut veggies or fruit.