Snack time can be satisfyingly sweet and nutritious at the same time. Fresh cut jicama sticks are the perfectly sweet and crunchy dipping veggie to pair with this dip.
- ½ cup low-sodium garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond butter
- 4 dates, pitted and soaked in hot water
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate in a food processor. Blend until smooth, scraping down the processor bowl as needed.
- Stir in the chocolate. Serve with cut veggies or fruit.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18.5g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 36g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|Total Sugars 21g|
|Includes 9g Added Sugars||16%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 8g|
|Vitamin D 0.1mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 4.1mcg||0%|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|Vitamin E 5.3mg||35%|
|Vitamin K 2.4mcg||2%|
|Vitamin B6 0.2mg||10%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Almond Butter (dry Roasted Unblanched Almonds), Low Sodium Garbanzo Beans (prepared Chick Peas, Water, Sea Salt), Dark Chocolate (cocoa Mass, Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Sunflower Lecithin (emulsifier), Vanilla), Medjool Dates, Rolled Oats, Unsweetened Almond Milk (almondmilk (filtered Water, Almonds), Tricalcium Phosphate, Sea Salt, Gellan Gum, Dipotassium Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Sunflower Lecithin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, D-alpha Tocopherol (natural Vitamin E)), Vanilla Extract.
You probably know that Guiding Stars is all about healthy, nutritious food. Follow the Guiding Stars signage throughout the store. Choosing mostly items that earn stars. You'll automatically and easily end up with a cart full of nutritious food. You might be wondering exactly what we mean by “nutritious,” though, so here’s a little background on Guiding Stars defines the word.