Take your favorite Provençe fare al fresco! This scrumptious ratatouille is incredibly easy–just through everything on the grill and sit back to enjoy the day. Serve it up with whole-grain crusty bread with just a taste of creamy goat cheese for a simple, elegant meal that will wow everyone at your cookout with very little effort on your part.
Get to appreciate the wonderful things a grill can do for your summer vegetables with this twist on ratatouille. Mix and match the portions of your favorite veggies and fresh herbs to find a pairing that suits your preferences.
Servings: 6 (408 G)
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium Japanese eggplant, halved lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut into wedges
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup basil (chiffonade)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar (See Cook's Note)
- Prepare grill (medium-high heat). Place vegetables in large bowl and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Grill vegetables until tender and slightly charred, about 4 minutes for peppers and 7 minutes for remaining vegetables. Transfer to cutting board.
- Place chicken breasts in same large bowl. Turn to coat with any remaining oil in bowl. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken, covered, until cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Coarsely chop vegetables and transfer to another large bowl. Add basil and vinegar and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Slice chicken into 1/2-inch-thick slices and serve with ratatouille.
COOK’S NOTE: For you traditionalists, go ahead and use balsamic vinegar.