Don’t settle for your standby chicken when your next cookout comes around. Try this easy, impressively flavorful chicken that will heat up your party with a hint of Caribbean warmth and spice. Pair it with fresh, succulent corn on the cob and a light fruit salad for a memorable, healthy meal.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken
If you’ve never had jerk chicken before, you are in for a treat. Spicy sweet, this marinade combination gives you a flavor that’s like traditional barbecue sauce gone gourmet. Serve it over wild rice with a generous side of green vegetables and wait for onslaught of requests to share your amazing recipe.
Servings: 6 (162 g )
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 3 hours
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ tsp. allspice
- 1½ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chili pepper
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. thyme
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 8 pieces boneless skinless chicken
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in large bowl. Rub seasoning over chicken and marinate in refrigerator (2-12 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Evenly space chicken on nonstick or lightly greased baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until thickest part of breast reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165ºF (30-45 minutes).