Whether you’ve got leftover chicken from another meal or you need to grab pre-cooked chicken on the prepared foods section, this is one of the quickest, tastiest routes to a satisfying meal.
Turn a classic tabbouleh into a complete meal with a little added protein and some extra vegetable. Enjoy for lunch all week long–the flavors mix together better as they sit.
Servings: 2-4 (197 G)
Prep Time: 20 min.
- ½ cup bulgur
- ½ cup water, boiling
- 1 ½ cup plum tomato, diced
- ¾ cup cooked chicken breast, shredded
- ¾ cup fresh parsley, minced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup fresh mint, minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Combine bulgur and water in a large bowl. Cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain well and cool.
- Add remaining ingredients. Toss well.