The bounty of berry season is upon us! Once you’ve had your fill of berries au natural, you might be hankering for a few new and interesting ways to try berries. Nothing is tastier than a pie or jam, but there are less sugary ways to enjoy these fruity gems. Here are a few easy, delicious ideas.
- Sprinkled over your favorite salad, such as our Toasted Quinoa Salad (3 Guiding Stars)
- On toast instead of jam (your kids will have a blast mashing them up with a fork!)
- Swapped for the cranberries in our Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Salsa (1 Guiding Star)
- Layered with Greek yogurt and granola for a breakfast parfait
- Spread wheat cracker with cream cheese and top with a few berries
- Whirled into a breakfast smoothie
- Warmed and served in or on pancakes, such as our gluten-free Buckwheat Pancakes (2 Guiding Stars)
- Mixed into oatmeal
- Added to lemonade (let them sit overnight for the best flavor)
- Mashed for PB&J al fresco
These are just a few healthy ideas for savoring your berry harvest this summer. What are your favorite berries and how do YOU enjoy them?