It’s been a great year at Guiding Stars with Expert Chef Erin Dow. She’s created some healthy and delicious recipes, that never sacrifice on flavor or taste. In case you missed any, here is a roundup of her 2010 recipes.
Three Star Recipes
- Wheat Berry Salad with Spinach, Orange and Almond
- Herbed Blue Cheese Dressing and Dip
- Grilled Tuna with Fire and Ice Salsa
Two Star Recipes
- Holiday-Everyday Punch
- Oven “Fried” Chicken Parmesan
- Warm Beet Salad with Pistachios and Gorgonzola
- Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Zucchini Hummus
- Garlic-Lime Black Bean and Avocado Spread
- Moroccan Pork Loin
One Star Recipes
- Blueberry Steamed Pudding
- Wild Mushroom Stuffing
- Secret Weapon Bread Dough
- Curried Squash and Apple Bisque with Leek
- Pumped-Up Pumpkin Bread
- Athenian Couscous Salad
About the Expert Chef
Erin Dow balances three food worlds. As a mother of three young children, she’s fighting the battle every parent faces: how to keep her kids interested in the foods that keep them healthy.
As the chef and owner of her catering company Eatswell Farm, she utilizes original recipes and techniques–focused on enhancing the enjoyment of locally-sourced ingredients–to best interpret the client’s vision. And as Consulting Executive Chef for Falmouth-based Professional Catering Services, a business specializing in production and backstage catering for concerts, she develops and executes menus that accommodate the strict nutritional requirements of the music industry elite.
Erin and her family raise their own chicken for meat and eggs, have dabbled in pastured Narragansett turkeys, and have a very weedy but very large and productive garden.