Spring is here and with it, the time for refreshing veggies salads for lunch or dinner. This Mediterranean-inspired tomato salad is packed with the fresh flavor of herbs and a bright kiss of lemon for a light meal that’s delicious on its own or the perfect side to a bit of grilled fish.
Get the most out of your fresh summer tomatoes by dressing them with fresh herbs. Kalamata olives and feta bring some nice, salty pizzazz to the party, pairing beautifully with dill for a simple, tasty salad you’ll look forward to every year.
Servings: 6 (185 G)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 lb. tomatoes, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, chunked
- 1 cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 c. kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 bunch dill, chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 1/2 c. low-sodium feta cheese
- Whisk together garlic, vinegar and oil.
- Combine remaining ingredients and gently toss with dressing.