Eggs for breakfast are a nutritionally sound choice, but don’t get stuck in that rut! You can scramble tofu for a similar dish with its own unique flavor profile. This dish punches up the plant-based foods even more with the inclusion of peas and broccolini, but don’t feel trapped by those ideas: this is a great dish for using up whatever greens you’ve got hanging around.
If you can’t find broccolini or aren’t sure about working with it, it’s essentially a bitter green with the texture of broccoli. Broccoli makes a fine substitute if you want a milder flavor. Mustard greens work well if you like bitter greens but can’t find broccolini in your local store.
Servings: 3 (220 G)
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz. broccolini
- 1 (14 oz.) package extra-firm tofu, drained and mashed
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- pepper, to taste
- ½ cup peas
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add broccolini and cook until wilted.
- Add tofu and spices to pan and cook, stirring until the tofu is nicely colored by the turmeric.
- Add the peas and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted and peas are hot.