We can’t all get away to lounge in the sun-soaked Mediterranean in the middle of winter, but we can send our tastebuds on the cheap. The hearty lentils will fill you up and give you excellent nutrition while the bright flavors of lemon and basil pair with the salty bursts of feta to carry your imagination out of your office and half way across the world with delight. Experiment with adding different vegetables and herbs to enjoy the Mediterranean flavors with your style.
Lemony Lentil Salad with Feta
Lemon, dill, and feta make this salad a fresh and exciting option for lunch or dinner any time of year. Not comfortable with lentils? Read about the different types of lentils, when to use them, where to find them and how to cook them.
Servings: 6 (202 g )
Prep Time: 10 min.
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 (15 oz.) cans lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber
- ½ cup minced red onion
- Whisk lemon juice, dill, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.