We can’t all get away to lounge in the sun-soaked Mediterranean in the middle of winter, but we can send our tastebuds on the cheap. The hearty lentils will fill you up and give you excellent nutrition while the bright flavors of lemon and basil pair with the salty bursts of feta to carry your imagination out of your office and half way across the world with delight. Experiment with adding different vegetables and herbs to enjoy the Mediterranean flavors with your style.
Lemon, dill and feta make this salad a fresh and exciting option for lunch or dinner any time of year. Not comfortable with lentils? Read about the different types of lentils, when to use them, where to find them and how to cook them.
Servings: 6 with each serving about 1 cup (207 G )
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: None
- 1/3 c. lemon juice
- 1/3 c. fresh dill, chopped
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 t. salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (15 oz.) cans lentils, rinsed, or 3 cups brown or green lentils, cooked
- 1 c. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 med. red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 c. seedless cucumber, diced
- 1/2 c. red onion, finely chopped
Whisk lemon juice, dill, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Add lentils, feta, bell pepper, cucumber and onion; toss to coat.