Salads tend to get a bit weird when they sit too long–greens get soggy, grains soak up too much dressing…not always a great (or filling) option when you’re out hiking or beach-combing or running around between meetings. This quinoa salad, however, is different. It works cold or at room temp and you’ll find the flavors mix together just a bit better for sitting in the fridge for a bit. Stuffed with chickpeas and veggies, you’ll find it filling and energizing for whatever challenges your day holds.
The simple dressing on this salad complements almost any combination of vegetables and even suits many low-sugar fruits, such as apples. Experiment with your favorite vegetables to create a unique vegetarian dish every time.
Servings: 2 (748 g )
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup sweet bell peppers, diced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. pesto
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Add the asparagus to hot quinoa and cover for 5 minutes.
- Toss vegetables, parsley, and chickpeas together.
- Whisk together vinegar and pesto. Pour over vegetables.
- Add quinoa and asparagus. Stir to coat and serve warm or cold.