Salads that taste better as they sit in their juices are perfect for packing into the cooler for a roadtrip: this Thai-inspired, carrot packed delight is no exception. And with no dairy to worry about, this dish will stay food safe at warmer temperatures longer than less nutritious, mayo-dress salads.
This salad will keep nicely in the fridge as long as you store the dressing and nuts separately and add them only when serving the salad. Prep it on the weekend and enjoy for lunch all through the week.
Servings: 3 (252 G)
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp. reduced sodium tamari sauce
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 4 cups carrot, grated
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- ½ cup cashews
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing.
- In a large bowl, massage kale with sesame oil and lime juice.
- Add shredded carrot and red onion. Serve with dressing and cashews.