Whether you’re a vegetarian or not, this grilled mushroom recipe will delight you. The soy and ginger soak into the tender mushrooms for a powerful flavor. Serve on a whole-grain bun like a burger or with brown rice and greens for a complete meal.
If you’re an omnivore and someone raves to you about the joys of vegan grilling, you might squint in doubt. Don’t: these flavor-packed mushrooms are incredible and satisfying, no matter your dietary preferences.
Servings: 4 (135 g )
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 min.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Place mushrooms in a glass dish, top down.
- Whisk together the vinegar, pineapple juice, and ginger. Drizzle the marinade over the mushrooms. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. Reserve the marinade for basting.
- Heat a grill or broiler to high. Oil the rack. Grill or broil the mushrooms on medium heat, turning once, until tender (5 minutes per side). Baste with marinade to keep from drying out. Garnish with basil to serve.