Dress up your sweet potatoes and take them to the park! Get the potatoes sliced and pre-cooked at home and wrap them in foil to take to the beach or the park for your cookout. The simple garlic and rosemary toppings will work well beside just about any meat or fish, making this a perfect side to contribute to a potluck gathering.
Grilled Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
If you haven’t tried to grill your sweet potatoes before then you are in for a treat. The grill caramelizes the sugars in the potatoes to form nice crusty grill marks over a soft interior.
Servings: 4 (140 g )
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 45 min.
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. + 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic, rosemary, and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Set aside.
- Cut off a thin slice of each potato lengthwise to create a even base for potato to rest on. Slice off ends of each potato. Rest potato lengthwise between two chopsticks or wooden spoons to act as a stop for the knife and carefully cut vertical slits in each potato about every ⅛th inch.
- Brush potatoes with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place potatoes on grill, cover, and cook until almost tender (15-20 minutes).
- Spread garlic and rosemary mixture over top of potatoes, cover, and continue to cook until soft in the center and crisp around the edges (15-20 minutes).