Sweet potato fries are popular right now for a reason: they’re delicious. They’re also packed with plenty of good nutrition, so a recipe that’s light on the oil and salt is a wonderful addition to a meal like homemade turkey burgers.
Sweet potato fries are a delightful treat, and this recipe is no exception. The process for getting the fries crispy works for other starchy vegetables, so don’t be afraid to play around with regular potatoes, jicama or whatever else you can imagine.
Servings: 3 (154 G)
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 1 hour 45 min.
- 3 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. fennel seed
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- Soak sweet potato slices in ice water for at least an hour. Dry thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil then cornstarch. Lay on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Grind together spices and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside (25-30 minutes).