Many vegetarian foods are safe at warm temperatures for much longer than meat or fish, which makes vegetarian entrees a smart, food-safe decision if you’re cooking out in more remote locations with your family. Avocados are ideal: they even come with their own container! Make the salsa filling ahead and just bring along a knife to prep the avocados on site. Spoon the avocado and salsa into corn or whole wheat tortillas for an easy to handle, gourmet grilling experience.
Your guests will love these easy to prepare and smoky treats. Serve with a side of brown rice or corn tortillas for a complete meal you can enjoy.
Servings: 6 (198 G)
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 2 hours
Black Bean Salsa:
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 3 avocados, halved
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl and allow to marinate in the refrigerator until flavors are well combined (2-3 hours).
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Brush avocados with olive oil and grill and until the skins get hot and turn bright green (8-10 minutes).
- Fill each avocado half with salsa to serve.