This fresh and simple crostini recipe is a well-balanced snack that provides you with a little protein, some whole grain and fresh fruit. Don’t feel like you have to wait for the next time you want fancy crudites to enjoy it! Keep a batch of the topping in your fridge and bring along a portion with a baggy of the bread slices for dipping on the run.
Serve up a simple, nutritious appetizer at your next get together. The sweet pear and sharp cheese make a tasty combination with the filling edamame. This recipe would also work well with a wide range of fruit – try mixing it up with whatever is in-season and on sale at your grocery store.
Servings: 30 (44 G)
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
- 16 oz. edamame, shelled
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh mint, minced
- ¼ cup Asiago cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 (12 oz.) whole-wheat baguette, thinly sliced
- 2 pears, peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Boil edamame in water for about 10 minutes. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup edamame.
- In a food processor, roughly chop remaining edamame.
- Combine mashed edamame with reserved edamame, 3 tablespoons olive oil, mint, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake baguette slices on a baking sheet, brush with remaining oil, for 10 minutes.
- Evenly divide edamame and pear across toasted baguette and serve still warm.