Pear Crostini - 2 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Servings
Two Guiding Stars icon Two Guiding Stars indicate better nutritional value.

Serve up a simple, nutritious appetizer at your next get together. The sweet pear and sharp cheese make a tasty combination with the filling edamame. This recipe would also work well with a wide range of fruit – try mixing it up with whatever is in-season and on sale at your grocery store.

Ingredients

  • 16 oz. edamame, shelled
  • ¼ cup olive oil, divided
  • 1 cup fresh mint, minced
  • ¼ cup Asiago cheese, grated
  • ¼ tsp. salt
  • ¼ tsp. black pepper
  • 1 (12 oz.) whole-wheat baguette, thinly sliced
  • 2 pears, peeled and diced

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
  2. Boil edamame in water for about 10 minutes. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup edamame.
  3. In a food processor, roughly chop remaining edamame.
  4. Combine mashed edamame with reserved edamame, 3 tablespoons olive oil, mint, cheese, salt and pepper.
  5. Bake baguette slices on a baking sheet, brush with remaining oil, for 10 minutes.
  6. Evenly divide edamame and pear across toasted baguette and serve still warm.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 75; Total Fat 3g (4% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 0.5g (3% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 1mg (0% DV); Sodium 90mg (4% DV); Total Carbohydrate 9g (3% DV); Dietary Fiber 2g (7% DV); Total Sugars 2g; Includes 0g Added Sugars (0% DV); Protein 3g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 2% DV; Iron 6% DV; Potassium 2% DV; Folate 15% DV; Copper 10% DV; Manganese 8% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at https://guidingstars.com/recipes/pear-crostini/
© 2021 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796