Quickbreads, including muffins, are a great food to have on hand during the holidays. Make a big batch and store them in the freezer for an easily thawed treat for a last-minute social engagement. These lemon sweeties will endear themselves to you in a heartbeat.
Start your morning with some sunny zest! These flavorful muffins are brightly delicious, especially warm from the oven. Pair with a little plain yogurt or a few boiled eggs for a simple weekend brunch.
Servings: 8 (80 G)
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
- 1½ cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅔ cup lemon non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 400ºF degrees. Line a muffin tin with 8 liners or silicone baking cups.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients together thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Fold in chia seeds.
- Pour batter into muffin liners, dividing mix evenly . Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.