Bacon doesn’t earn Guiding Stars because of the high amount of sodium and saturated fat it contains, but used very lightly as a condiment, it can be a flavor condiment. This recipe brings it into the cabbage roasting process along with a hint of lemon and Worcestershire sauce for a hearty and scrumptious winter’s green side dish.
You can roast or grill these foil wrapped cabbage wedges. Tart lemon and salty Worcestershire sauce match with just a hint of bacon (that’s right, we said bacon) for a twist on cabbage that will leave your clamoring for more.
Servings: 4 (1 Wedge) (244 g )
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 head of cabbage
- Preheat the oven to 425 ºF. Cut cabbage into four wedges and clean. Place each wedge on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and sprinkle evenly over the cabbage. Wrap the foil around the cabbage and bake for 30 minutes.