No big celebratory meal is complete without a crisp salad to help fill you up with fresh veggies. This flavorful recipe with sweet dried cranberries and ripe pears is the perfect accompaniment to any harvest meal, and it will look lovely on your table.
This light, simple salad is the perfect accompaniment to any meal or perfect as a simple, standalone meal. Serve with a side of crusty whole-grain bread. Don’t be afraid to swap in a different nut. If you can’t find hazelnuts, walnuts or pistachios would be equally tasty.
Servings: 4 (221 G)
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pears, cored and sliced
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries, juice-sweetened
- ⅔ cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- Whisk dressing ingredients together thoroughly.
- Toss the spinach, onions and pears with dressing. Sprinkle with cranberries and hazelnuts.