Need a post workout snack that doesn’t require refrigeration? Need it to have the fiber, protein and touch of fat to keep you going until you have time for a meal? Wish it could be just a bit sweet and chocolaty? Perfect. This is the recipe you want. Enjoy!
Get your kids into the kitchen with this easy recipe—kids can make it themselves with minimal supervision. They’ll love sharing and eating the result. In fact, the next time you hear, “Mom, I need to bring food for a party tomorrow,” hand your kids this recipe. You can kick back and watch them cook, confident that their friends will enjoy a healthy, tasty treat.
Tip: Soak dates in warm water for an hour before pureeing–it will be easier on your blender and give you a less crumbly result.
Servings: 12 (38 g )
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup date puree
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup ground peanuts
- Thoroughly combine oats, almonds, flaxseed, chia seeds, salt and cinnamon.
- Microwave peanut butter for 30 seconds. Stir in date puree and vanilla and allow it to cool slightly.
- Combine with oat mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, and then roll in ground peanuts. Enjoy at room temperature or cold!