Enjoying fresh seafood for dinner doesn’t have to be complicated. Build the salad with vegetables from your CSA or farmers’ market for a local, fresh boost of nutritious goodness. Have a little time? Why not try making your own sauce for the pasta from those fresh-from-the-vine tomatoes sitting on your counter?
Penne with Shrimp Salad
Two simple dishes, one balanced meal! Enjoy a small portion of your favorite pasta and sauce with a robust serving of leafy greens and shrimp for an easy dinner packed with flavor. Made with grab-n-go items that come together quickly, this is a perfect meal to have ingredients on hand for in case of a need for a quick weeknight dinner.
Servings: 4 (481 g )
Prep Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups pasta
- 3 cups Guiding Stars-worthy pasta sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1 (5 oz.) bag lettuce mix
- 1 cup cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 lemon, wedged
- Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in colander.
- While pasta cooks, construct salads with lettuce, shrimp, and vegetables. Dress with lemon and pepper to taste.
- Heat sauce in pasta pan and stir in pasta. Divide pasta between salad plates and serve topped with cheese.