Salads are one of the best ways to get out of the boring sandwich rut when it comes to packing healthy lunches your kids will eat. This salad stays healthy by sticking with a low-fat vinaigrette and makes your life easy by recommending an approach to pasta salad that uses up ingredients you may already have on hand.
Make this simple salad from whatever pasta and fresh veg you have hanging about in the fridge for an easy night in the kitchen. Balsamic vinaigrette can pull a wide range of flavors together for a satisfyingly simple dish that cuts down on kitchen waste.
Servings: 4 (203 G)
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups cooked whole wheat pasta such as penne
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup low-fat Feta cheese
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup low-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- fresh basil leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
*Optional garnishes have not been included in the rating of this recipe.