Potato chips on the side of a sandwich: classic. Potato chips in a sandwich? If you haven’t tried it, let us encourage you to brave it for this version in which sweet potato chips magnificently take center stage. You’ll love it.
Sandwiches can be a special meal, make no mistake. This luscious dish combines crispy fresh sweet potato chips with creamy avocado and a finger-licking sauce for a luxurious date night sandwich you’ll crave again later.
Servings: 2 (347 G)
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced ⅛” thick
- 1½ Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2½ Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sprouts
- 4 slices whole grain sourdough bread
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay out sweet potatoes. Brush with oil and sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 15 minutes, flip potatoes over and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Continue in this manner until potatoes are crispy.
- Whisk together mustard, mayonnaise, garlic, ketchup and sriracha in a small mixing bowl.
- Assemble sandwich, spreading sauce on bread or drizzling over ingredients.