Orzo is one of those pasta salad bases that it as fun to eat as it is delicious. Paired with healthy greens, salty feta, and tart lemon, this simple salad will provide wonderful lunch variety to your loved ones all week long.
If broccoli rabe is hard to find in your local store, substitute any dark, leafy green. Mustard or dandelions would be particularly nice, as a slightly bitter green is exactly what the tangy lemon and salty feta want to create a complete flavor profile to top the simple orzo.
Servings: 4 (87 g )
Prep Time: 20 min.
- ½ cup orzo
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook orzo according to package directions, adding broccoli rabe 3 minutes before the orzo is done. Drain well.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant (30 seconds).
- Add oregano, salt, pepper, and the orzo mix. Cook, stirring, until heated through (2 minutes).
- Remove from the heat. Stir in feta and lemon juice to serve.