Getting the most out of your food budget means getting creative with recombining leftovers from previous meals to make a new complete meal. This sample pasta salad is some inspiration to get you started. If you don’t have all these ingredients on hand, use the odd veggies in the fridge and make the salad all your own.
“Leftover” Pasta Salad
Make this simple salad from whatever pasta and fresh veg you have hanging about in the fridge for an easy night in the kitchen. Balsamic vinaigrette can pull a wide range of flavors together for a satisfyingly simple dish that cuts down on kitchen waste.
Servings: 4 (203 g )
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups cooked whole wheat pasta such as penne
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup low-fat Feta cheese
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup low-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- fresh basil leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
*Optional garnishes have not been included in the rating of this recipe.