Salmon is hard to go wrong with, of course, but what really makes this dish special is the method used to infuse the couscous with powerful flavor. The pairing is brought together with a delightful and fresh yogurt sauce.
This Indian-inspired dish has a combination of flavors that will surprise and delight you!
Servings: 4 (300 G)
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 1/2 c. nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 scallions, sliced, greens and whites separated
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 t. ground cumin
- 3/4 t. salt, divided
- 1/2 t. freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. chopped dried apricots
- 1 T fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/4 c. water
- 1 c. whole grain couscous
- 1 lb. salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- 2 T. cashews, chopped and toasted
1. Preheat grill to medium-high or position rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler.
2. Combine yogurt, scallion greens, lemon juice, cilantro, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add apricots, ginger, the scallion whites and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
4. Meanwhile, rub salmon with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. If grilling, oil the grill rack. If broiling, coat a broiler pan with cooking spray. Grill or broil the salmon until browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with the couscous, topped with the yogurt sauce and cashews.