National Nutrition Month is the perfect time to talk about the food trends that spread across the internet. Some, of course, are more nutritious than others. Super Bowls or Power Bowls are a popular trend right now, focusing on easy single-bowl meals that pack in all the nutrition you could want. With brown rice, edamame, and a selection of veggies, you’ll find this bowl a delight to make a big batch of for easy, satisfying meals all week long.
Cashew Ginger Rice Bowl
Have you seen the cooked brown rice in the freezer section of your supermarket? It’s more expensive, but convenient when you’re crunched for time. Increase the fresh ginger here if you like more zip, or spice it up with a touch of hot sauce.
Servings: 1 (470 g )
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 35 min.
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup unshelled edamame
- ½ cup bell pepper
- ½ cup onion
- ½ cup celery
- ½ cup spinach
- ¼ cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cashews
- 1 tsp. low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- ½ tsp. fresh grated ginger
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions.
- In a saucepan, whisk the vegetable broth, soy sauce and ginger together and place over medium heat.
- Chop the bell pepper, onion, celery and spinach and add to the saucepan. Cook the vegetables until they absorb most of the liquid and become tender. Add in the edamame and stir until cooked.
- Gently mix the rice and vegetables and top with cashews to serve.