This salmon burger is as classic as a sandwich gets–meat and veggies on bread. With salmon and avocado, however, you get an excellent amount of healthy fats. Serve it on good whole-wheat rolls or bread for nutty, hearty, whole-grain goodness.
Delicious and nutritious. Who could ask for more? This Cajun-spiced salmon sandwich is cooled by creamy avocado-mayo, making it a wonderful source of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
Servings: 4 (270 g )
Prep Time: 20 min.
- 1 lb. salmon fillet, skinned and quartered
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 4 whole-wheat rolls, split
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp. Guiding Star-worthy mayonnaise
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- Oil grill rack and preheat grill to high.
- Rub salmon on both sides with seasoning. Grill until cooked through, turning once (3-4 minutes per side). Place the rolls on a higher rack to toast.
- Mash avocado and mayonnaise together in a small bowl.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread some of the avocado mixture on each toasted roll and top with salmon, arugula, tomato, and onion.