Delicious and nutritious. Who could ask for more? This Cajun-spiced salmon sandwich is cooled by creamy avocado-mayo, making it a wonderful source of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- 1 lb. salmon fillet, skinned and quartered
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 4 whole-wheat rolls, split
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp. Guiding Star-worthy mayonnaise
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- Oil grill rack and preheat grill to high.
- Rub salmon on both sides with seasoning. Grill until cooked through, turning once (3-4 minutes per side). Place the rolls on a higher rack to toast.
- Mash avocado and mayonnaise together in a small bowl.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread some of the avocado mixture on each toasted roll and top with salmon, arugula, tomato, and onion.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18.5g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 5.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8g|
|Total Carbohydrate 30g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Includes 4g Added Sugars||8%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 17g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 36.7mcg||4%|
|Vitamin C 11.5mg||15%|
|Vitamin E 2.9mg||20%|
|Vitamin K 23.4mcg||20%|
|Vitamin B6 1.2mg||70%|
|Vitamin B12 3.6mcg||150%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Salmon, Avocado, Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns (whole Wheat Flour, Water, Wheat Gluten, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Yeast, Soybean Oil, Salt, Calcium Sulfate, Brown Sugar, Grain Vinegar, Calcium Propionate (preservative), Monocalcium Phosphate, Ethoxylated Mono- And Diglycerides, Datem And/or Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Cellulose Gum, Calcium Carbonate, Cornstarch, Citric Acid, Mono- And Diglycerides, Azodicarbonamide And/or Potassium Iodate, Vitamin D3, Soy Lecithin, Sesame Seeds), Tomatoes, Red Onion, Light Mayonnaise (water, Modified Corn Starch, Soybean Oil, Vinegar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Egg Whites, Salt, Sugar, Xanthan Gum, Lemon And Lime Peel Fibers, Colors Added, Lactic Acid, (sodium Benzoate), Calcium Disodium Edta), Phosphoric Acid, Natural Flavors), Arugula, Cajun Seasoning (garlic, Spices (including Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Oregano, And Chili Pepper), Sea Salt, Onion, Paprika, And Red And Green Bell Peppers).
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…