Rainbow carrots aren’t necessary to enjoy this cozy chicken soup – any carrot will do! Swap in your favorite veggies or whatever you need to use up before they go by. The flavors are simple and delicious. Serve with rolls made from our Secret Weapon Bread Dough for a cozy meal that’s perfect for warming up from a day in the snow or for anyone recovering from a cold.
Rainbow Root Soup
If your family loves their chicken soup with noodles, cook up a pan of whole-wheat pasta and store it in the fridge. Add a handful of noodles as you reheat the soup to prevent the noodles from getting soggy.
Servings: 6 (585 g )
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 bunch rainbow carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bunch kale, torn and ribs removed
- 2 green onions, sliced
1. Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until onion is translucent.
2. Add chicken and cook until gently browned.
3. Add zucchini, carrots and sweet potato. Cook to brown slightly before adding broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer until vegetables are tender.
4. Add kale and cook until leaves are just wilted. Serve garnished with green onions.