If your family loves their chicken soup with noodles, cook up a pan of whole-wheat pasta and store it in the fridge. Add a handful of noodles as you reheat the soup to prevent the noodles from getting soggy.
- 2 T. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 bunch rainbow carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 8 c. low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bunch kale, torn and ribs removed
- 2 green onions, sliced
1. Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until onion is translucent.
2. Add chicken and cook until gently browned.
3. Add zucchini, carrots and sweet potato. Cook to brown slightly before adding broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer until vegetables are tender.
4. Add kale and cook until leaves are just wilted. Serve garnished with green onions.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||21%|
|Total Sugars 8g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 8g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 1010.5mcg||110%|
|Vitamin C 27.5mcg||30%|
|Vitamin E 1.9mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 101.4mcg||80%|
|Vitamin B6 0.9mg||50%|
|Vitamin B12 0.2mcg||8%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (filtered Water, Organic Carrots, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Celery, Organic Onions, Organic Garlic, Organic Leeks, Sea Salt, Organic Bay Leaves, Organic Parsley, Organic Thyme), Carrots, Chicken Breast, Zucchini Squash, Onion, Sweet Potatoes, Kale, Olive Oil, Garlic.
As much as many of us love hot dogs and hamburgers, those staples of the summer menu, if that’s all your grill ever cooks, you’re missing out on some amazing flavor. Use these tricks to up not only the nutrition, but the sheer culinary pleasure the next time you fire up the grill.