Do you love a bit of creamy dressing on your sandwich? You’ll love the solution this recipe offers: cut your mayo with avocado for a flavorful alternative that brings better nutrition to the table. The recipe calls for salmon, but it would be great with trout too. You’ll love the way the spicy fish works with the avo-mayo and crusty rolls.
Delicious and nutritious. Who could ask for more? This Cajun-spiced salmon sandwich is cooled by creamy avocado-mayo, making it a wonderful source of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
Servings: 4 (270 G)
Prep Time: 20 min.
- 1 lb. salmon fillet, skinned and quartered
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 4 whole-wheat rolls, split
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp. Guiding Star-worthy mayonnaise
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- Oil grill rack and preheat grill to high.
- Rub salmon on both sides with seasoning. Grill until cooked through, turning once (3-4 minutes per side). Place the rolls on a higher rack to toast.
- Mash avocado and mayonnaise together in a small bowl.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread some of the avocado mixture on each toasted roll and top with salmon, arugula, tomato, and onion.