When it comes to persuading kids to make healthy eating choices, appearance helps. This pizza makes a great collaborative cooking experience as kids can easily help lay out the rainbow of veggies on fiber-packed whole-grain dough. Arrayed over a spread of pesto, the vegetables require no further cheese or sauce to provide an amazing meal your whole family will delight in.
If you’re looking for a healthy pizza option that makes eating veggies both fun and delicious, then bookmark this recipe now. Easy enough to make on a weeknight and healthy enough to indulge in often, this will become a new go-to for pizza night, whether you have kids or not.
Servings: 8 (216 g )
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 50 min.
- 5 baby purple potatoes, diced
- 1 lb. whole-wheat pizza dough
- 4 Tbsp. pesto
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow summer squash, diced
- ½ orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Arrange potatoes on a baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Roll the pizza crust out on a flat surface. Evenly spoon the pesto over the crust.
- Arrange the vegetables in the order of the colors of a rainbow.
- Place back in the oven and bake 20 minutes.