When we saw the Peanut Butter & Fruit “Sushi” at The Kitchn, we knew immediately they were onto a great idea. If you’re looking for a nutritious way to motivate your kids, give them opportunities to earn a Sushi bar as their after-school snack. Let them pick their favorite fruits and all-natural (i.e., no added sugar) nut butter to fill a whole-grain, low-fat wrap for a sweet snack-time treat that’s fun to make and earns Guiding Stars.
This easy snack is perfect for kids to make themselves and perfect to pack in a lunchbox. If your child’s classroom is peanut-free, sunflower seed butter makes a nice, allergy-safe alternative.
Servings: 4 (131 G)
Prep Time: 10 min.
- 4 (8") whole-wheat tortillas
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 apple, sliced into matchsticks
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- Spread peanut butter on one side of each tortilla, covering the whole surface. Add fruit horizontally on the bottom third of the tortilla.
- Carefully roll from the bottom of the tortilla, tucking the ingredients under the wrap. Slice into 6-8 pieces. Repeat with remaining tortillas.