Getting a good breakfast is helpful in sticking to your healthy eating goals–hunger does our decision-making no favors. Making food from scratch first thing in the morning when you’re trying to get everyone out the door isn’t always an easy prospect. The idea of egg white mini quiches from Thrifters Anonymous is fantastic–let your kids pick their favorite veggies, prep the quiches whenever you have time, and toss a couple in the microwave to hand to whoever’s walking out the door without a meal in their stomach. If you want a tried and tested flavor combination and a rated recipe, use the ingredients from our Broccoli Frittata recipe with the mini-quiche method.
Made with egg whites, this protein-packed variation on quiche will have everyone in your family looking forward to their next serving of broccoli. If you don’t have tarragon on hand, your favorite herb will do. Use cilantro for a more southwestern flair or herbs de provence for a French twist.
Servings: 4 (152 G)
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
- 2 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- ½ cup chicken, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup onions, chopped
- ⅛ tsp. tarragon
- 8 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Sauté broccoli, chicken, tomato, onion, and tarragon in an oven-proof skillet over medium heat until broccoli is just tender (5-6 minutes).
- Pour lightly beaten egg whites evenly over all ingredients in the saucepan.
- Cover and bake until firm on bottom and almost set on top (6-8 minutes). Cut into wedges to serve.