This salmon burger is as classic as a sandwich gets–meat and veggies on bread. With salmon and avocado, however, you get an excellent amount of healthy fats. Serve it on good whole-wheat rolls or bread for nutty, hearty, whole-grain goodness.
Delicious and nutritious – who could ask for more? This Cajun-spiced salmon sandwich is cooled by creamy avocado-mayo, making it a wonderful source of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
Servings: 4 (293 G )
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 lb. wild salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- 2 t. blackening or Cajun seasoning
- 1 sm. avocado, pitted
- 2 T. low-fat mayonnaise
- 4 crusty whole-wheat rolls, split and toasted
- 1 c. arugula
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. red onion, thinly sliced
- Oil grill rack; preheat grill to high.
- Rub salmon on both sides with blackening (or Cajun) seasoning. Grill until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Mash avocado and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread some of the avocado mixture on each roll and top with salmon, arugula, tomato and onion.