Whether you use black rice or brown or even quinoa, this stuffed mushroom recipe will wow everyone at your New Year’s party this year. The stuffing makes more than you’ll need to fill the recommended number of mushrooms, so you can either serve the remainder as a side or double-down on the mushroom offerings.
To get the most out of the mushroom stems, chop them finely and add them to the rice mixture. Black rice requires a longer cooking time, like brown, so be sure to leave time in your cooking schedule to make sure your appetizers arrive on your counter before your guests ring your doorbell!
Servings: 8-12 (357 G )
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 24 button mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup black rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup part-skim cheese, shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup cashews, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 chives, minced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Over medium heat, cook onions in oil until translucent.
3. Add remaining ingredients, except for mushrooms. Cook until warm.
4. Fill each mushroom cap with stuffing and place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10 minutes and serve warm.