Nothing says summer elegance like fresh seafood with creamy pasta. Keeping these indulgent dishes healthy can be a challenge, but with this simple, beautifully-flavored dish, consider the challenge met. Serve with plenty of fresh vegetables for a balanced meal.
Perfectly browned scallops on a bed of whole-grain pasta are ornamented with a light wine sauce and dashed with capers for that spark of salt in your mouth. This is a rich dish, so serve it in small portions with a hearty side of fresh vegetables for an elegant, nutritious meal perfect for that special occasion.
Servings: 4 (261 g )
Prep Time: 20 min.
- 8 oz. whole-wheat angel hair pasta
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup clam juice
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 lb. dry sea scallops, tough muscle removed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped garlic
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped capers
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together wine, clam juice, and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of scallops. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add the scallops. Cook, turning once, until browned on both sides (3 minutes per side). Transfer to a plate.
- Cook garlic in the skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, until softened (1-2 minutes). Add the wine mixture and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened (2 minutes).
- Stir in lemon juice, capers, and butter. Cook until the butter melts (30 seconds).
- Return the scallops to the pan, add the pasta and cook until heated through (1 minute). Stir in parsley and serve immediately.