If you’re looking for something new to take to your next cookout at the beach, consider bruschetta. The bread can be toasted quickly on the grill and the tomato relish can be prepared in advance and stored in the cooler for easy assembly. Delicious, refreshing, and a nice break from the endless pasta and potato salads, this might just become a new summer tradition for your family.
Simple, quick, and nutritious—all you need in a snack! What’s more, you’ll find this easy Italian classic dish to be light, refreshing, and hydrating. It’s perfect as a side or appetizer for a comfortable family dinner or a fancy celebration.
Servings: 4 (94 G)
Prep Time: 10 min.
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ loaf French Bread, sliced into 12 pieces
- 1½ Tbsp. olive oil
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- Toss together tomatoes, basil, oregano, and garlic.
- Toast bread slices to desired brownness. Spoon the tomato mixture evenly over the toasted bread slices. Drizzle olive oil over the top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.