This elegant pasta dish would be at home on the tables of a yacht club. With a beautifully balanced palate of flavors, a bright array of colors, and a bountiful presentation of nutrients, this is an indulgent dish you can feel good about enjoying.
The creamy sauce for this pasta is based on plain yogurt, giving it a tangy that pairs perfectly with garlic and lemon juice for a robust sauce that perfectly complements asparagus and red peppers. If you don’t love dealing with shrimp, replace it with your favorite Guiding Stars-earning fish, such as tilapia or catfish.
Tip: To toast pine nuts, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until fragrant (2-4 minutes).
Servings: 4 (423 G)
Prep Time: 20 min.
- 6 oz. whole-wheat spaghetti
- 12 oz. shrimp, deveined and halved
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup peas
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1¼ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups nonfat plain yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, less 2 minutes.
- To the undrained spaghetti, add shrimp, asparagus, bell pepper, and peas and cook until the pasta is tender and the shrimp are cooked (2-4 minutes). Drain well.
- Mash garlic and salt in a large bowl until a paste forms. Whisk in yogurt, parsley, lemon juice, oil, and pepper. Add the pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve sprinkled with pine nuts.